Thursday 12 July 2012

Running and Diet update

This week I weigh 13st 9lbs, having lost 19 lbs. I am hoping to lose another pound before the weekend to put me at the 20lbs lost milestone before I go to the Gryphons Live Roleplaying Event .

Yesterday evening K8 and I completed the first run in a 0-5K running plan, barefoot. In preparation for the arrival of my Vibram five finger shoes.

The plan is to take part in the 10K version of this The Majors Challenge  in the midlands in october. That gives me 15 weeks to prep.

I am going to use 8 weeks to get up to running 5k using a couch to 5k plan and app. While using the injury proofing chapter from 4 hour body as pre hab for running. Then use the chapter about endurance running in 4 hour body  to take K8 and I up to the 10K.

3 comments:

  1. Damn you. If you're both doing the 10k I'll be lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful running too far to soon with the five fingers. They're awesome shoes, but they use a lot more of the stabilizing muscles around the knees and in the feet. Also, start doing toe lifts as the five fingers result in huge calf development which can unbalance the muscles in the lower leg resulting in skin splints. Heels raised on something, full extension of toes down, then up as far as you can. As many as possible for 30 seconds, a minutes rest. 2 sets with straight legs, 2 with knees at 45'.

    Sounds like an awesome plan, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete