Thursday 2 August 2012

Diet update and another reading List

This week I weigh 13 st and 8 lbs. I have lost a total of 20 Lbs. Taking a little bit longer to drop the binge day weight this week..

This weekend I am off to a Field in Derby for the LT Summer Moot. Then on Monday after the event I will be going to Alton Towers with several of my mates from the event.

As part of my Plan I am reading several books about getting better at things.

Here are a few of them:

Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? How to drive your career and create a remarkable future
This book is about becoming indispensable by applying emotional labor and making your work into art. I finished it on monday and am doing its advice in my day to day work.

Tribes: We need you to lead us
Another book by Seth Godin  This time it focusses on how We should all lead especially when it is as easy to connect communicate and share as it is now.

Ant recommends his book The Dip for people suffering from depression or pursuing difficult goals. The Dip: The extraordinary benefits of knowing when to quit (and when to stick)

A Complaint Free World: The 21-day challenge that will change your life
I picked this book up after being inspired by a post on Tim Ferris’ blog. The idea is a simple but powerful one. Go 21 days without complaining, bitching, moaning or gossiping. They use wrist-band things that you move when you catch yourself doing it. I have managed 3 days in a row so far. 

 Agatha H. and the Clockwork Princess (Girl Genius Novels) This is the fiction book I am reading before bed at the moment. It is based on the webcomic found here.

Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping
I haven't finished this one yet but it is a fascinating look at how people behave in shops. From when and how we look at signs to the route people take when they enter a store. Very interesting and I am looking forward to finishing it

1 comment:

  1. You might find this interesting. I ended up reading all 5 sections and a load of the related links. http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/

    No need to have seen or like The Office for the articles to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete