Wednesday 9 October 2013

Playing Every Game I own by the end of the Year.

Posts have been a little on the light/ non-existent side over here while I have been moving house and sorting some stuff out. However we are now moved in to a new place. We have some shelves up and some games on shelves and are making good inroads into sorting the place out.

One of the things I thought of as I was unpacking my many games is how seldom I play some of them, then I thought about how cool it would be to play all of them!

So that is my new plan, in December by the end of the year I will play every game I own.

The first thing I need to do to be able to do it is to make a list of every game I own and then make sure there are enough hours in December the year to do so. I might also arrange a mini games convention in the new place in December to help play them all!

All the games I own, (That I can remember right now)
Boardgames
  1. Ascension Deckbuilding game
  2. Battle Lore
  3. Bang
  4. Go,
  5. Mah Jong
  6. Cards; Crib, Poker
  7. Dominos
  8. Carcassonne
  9. Apples to Apples
  10. Cash n’ Guns
  11. Descent
  12. Dominion
  13. Talisman (it’s K8’s but should go on the list)
  14. The AD&D Trivia Game (I should throw this out)
  15. Three Dragon Ante
  16. The Duke (This is Natalies so I might be able to get away without it)
  17. Settlers of Catan, Rivals for Catan,
  18. Ticket to Ride Europe
  19. Frag Gold edition
  20. Order of the Stick boardgame (I might leave this one set up and play it over the course of the month to get it finished)
  21. World of Warcraft collectible miniatures game (again I might get rid of this before I start)
  22. Villa Paletti
  23. Zombie Dice
  24. Dragon Dice
  25. Love Letter
  26. Castle Panic (This belongs to Mike I should give it back)
  27. Fury of the Clansmen
  28. Dobble
  29. Cockroach poker
  30. Munchkin
  31. Wings of War
  32. Cthulhu Fluxx
  33. Jungle Speed
  34. Doctor Who Card Game
  35. Shadows over Camelot (The Recent Tabletop about this was great)
  36. The Pathfinder Card Game
RPGS
  1. 13th Age
  2. Dungeons and Dragons (Any edition probably Next)
  3. Pathfinder
  4. D20 Varients: Arcana Evolved, Spycraft,
  5. Lamentations of the Flame Princess
  6. Shadowrun
  7. Numenera
  8. Savage Worlds, Deadlands, 50 Fathoms, Hell on Earth,
  9. Deadlands
  10. Rune RPG
  11. Feng Shui RPG
  12. Mouse Guard, Burning Wheel, Burning Empires
  13. Fate, Spirit of the Century, Dresden Files,
  14. Fighting Fantasy
  15. Warhammer Fantasy RPG
  16. Star Wars Edge of the Empire RPG, Star Wars Saga RPG
  17. Leverage
  18. Dark Heresy
  19. Smallville
  20. Eleventh Doctor RPG
  21. The One Ring Rpg
  22. Exalted
  23. Iron Kingdoms
  24. Heroswars/ Heroquest
  25. Over the Edge Rpg
  26. Weapons of the Gods
  27. Gumshoe, Night's Black Agents, Trail of Cthulhu, Esoterrorists, Mutant City Blues
  28. Cthlhutech RPG
  29. Qin the warring states
  30. Dread RPG, Jenga
Wargames
  1. Warmachine, Hordes,
  2. Warhammer fantasy battles (I might not actually own rules for this, and I would have to improvise Armies.)
  3. Battletech
  4. Arcane Legions
  5. Full Thrust
  6. Mobile Frame Zero
Card Games
  1. Magic the Gathering
  2. Legend of the Five Rings (War of Honour) CCG and RPG
Other Games
  1. Killer

I will no doubt need much assistance to accomplish this so if you would like to play or run one of the above games let me know. Also feel free to fill the comments with the number of these games you own.

The very talented Dr Bradbeer had this to say when I posited the idea on Stalker Book:

“One or two board games/CCG a day is plausible, as long as you don't mind the risk of the girls strangling you by the end of the month. The wargames too if you're prepared to give up weekends. Adding in the RPGs is insanity.

UNLESS, you got people to write you one-encounter RPG campaigns with a pregen character and a total time limit of half an hour or so, which you then played, by Facetime if necessary, one a day or so. That might be a pretty cool project. I'd be up for helping.

OR, Crisis in Infinite Timelines, where you create a character without stats, who then hops from game setting to game setting, a new one every day, for a new encounter....”

So If you want to make an short adventure/encounter for one of the games above let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment