|The west gate looks like this, but all the dudes are skeletons.|
More Troy Megadungeon details, this bit specifically inspired by This post.
In the half finished Arena in Cannakale The Table Map has been converted to a loot scoreboard.
Adventurers returning from the depths deposit their cash on the table and the total goes up on the scoreboard.
The team at the top of the scoreboard is exempt from Adventurers tax.
The Scoreboard currently looks like this:
The Score Board
The Sons of Men
Went straight down to level 3 on their first delve. Have not been seen for 2 weeks
Found a cache on Level 2 after following a treasure map.
The Iron Crows
Snuck into the centaur race on level 4 and made away with a race prize
All Clerics or divine casters, apparently using divinations to find treasure.
managed a three or so average hauls
Came out with a pile of expensive furniture
The board is going to update each week as parties return from the depths laden down with loot.
Like in This is Thracia I have a table of rumours but I am handing them out more generously this time around. With other adventuring parties delving into the Ruins, The Scoreboard and Valthrun (the local Sage)’s big mouth information comes out of the depths much quicker.
A selection of Rumours the players have had about Troy so far are:
- Pandaras The Bone Lord rules the West section of the first level.
- There is a Dungeon Market Somewhere on level 2.
- Centaur Races happen every month on level 4.
- The South section’s gate is missing.
- The Apple of Discord is hidden somewhere on the first level.
- The western section of level 2 is home to a lot of spiders.
- The Sword of Troy has gone missing and is somewhere in the Dungeon.
- Athena’s Helm is somewhere within the Dungeon and militant Amazons are looking for it.
- The Necromancer Wizard in the fort to the South of the city has work for Adventurers going into Troy.
The Board and the Rumours are both designed to encourage player led exploration and competition, giving out enough information for players to make informed decisions about where to adventure. We have had 2 sessions so far and the players are starting to put together a good idea of what can be found where on the first level, from talking to Acolytes of the various temples in the Eastern section of level 1 and some rooms with clues and riddles. It has also come to light that I was too stingy on my first pass of Treasure so I have revisited my currently finished levels and change dup some of the loot.
I currently have Maps going down to Level 4 part 2 (there are 4 sections to each level) and fully stocked levels down to Level 2 part 4. Over the first 2 sessions the players have explored about 2/3 of Level 1 part 1.
Finally here is my Player Doc if you want to follow along at home or see the rest of the House rules I am adding.